Women with breast implants need to stay in touch with their plastic surgeon. Additionally, we recommend the following:
YOUR FIRST YEAR
• Continue your breast massage (if instructed by your surgeon), and practice a monthly breast self exam.
• Make sure you maintain a healthy diet engage in regular fitness activities, do not smoke and practice good sun protection.
• Your scars will continue to refine. If they become raised, red or thickened, or appear to widen, contact your surgeon. Early intervention is important to achieving well-healed scars. Scars are generally refined to fine incision lines one year after surgery.
• A one-year post surgery follow-up is required. However you may call your plastic surgeon at any time with your concerns or for needed follow-up.
• If your breasts develop an unusually hard feeling, or a highly rounded “squeezed” appearance, call your surgeon as soon as possible. You may be developing capsular contracture. Early treatment is the best solution.